Selfadvocatenet.com Recipe for the Month of November 2022
Enjoy the bright flavours of this delicious Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta.
Al Dente pasta is tossed with roasted tomatoes for a simple to-prepare meal.
It is so tasty, with very minimal effort involved!
Servings 4 people
- 500 gm cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil See Note 1
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste See Note 2
- 400 g spaghetti See Note 3
- Parmesan and basil leaves (to garnish)
Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C (350 F).
Wash the tomatoes and thoroughly dry them. Cut them in half.
Toss the tomatoes lightly with olive oil in a non-reactive pan. – see Note 4.
Spread them out into one layer and sprinkle with the minced garlic, half the basil leaves, dried oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until the tomatoes are collapsing and slightly charred.
If not serving immediately, cool the tomatoes, place them into an airtight container and refrigerate. Add the remaining basil leaves when ready to serve.
If serving immediately, put a pot of water on to boil. Once it reaches a rolling boil, add some salt to the water, and add your pasta.
Cook the pasta until it is al dente. (Reserve a little of the pasta water.)
Add the pasta to the dish you cooked the tomatoes in, and toss well. Add some pasta water if the dish requires a little extra liquid.
Serve with some Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
- For the best flavour, I recommend using Extra Virgin Olive Oil. In Australia, the tablespoon is 20ml. In many other countries, the tablespoon is 15ml, so please adjust your measurements accordingly.
- We recommend sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- We have used spaghetti, however, use your favourite pasta – it will be delicious with any type!
- A reactive pan may be made from copper, aluminum or cast iron, and react with acidic foods, such as tomatoes. We recommend using a non-reactive pan, such as ceramic, stainless steel, glass or enamel.
- Please note, the nutritional information is based on four main course portions.
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 2mg
This recipe is on itsnotcomplicatedrecipes.com go to the link here