Selfadvocatenet.ca recipes for the Month of May 2023
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Garlic Butter Capellini Pomodoro with Shrimp – simple prep, easy ingredients: capellini pasta, shrimp, garlic, butter, basil, and fresh tomatoes. Ready in 30 minutes!
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- salt, pepper, and olive oil for the pan
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into small pieces
- salt to taste
- 8 ounces DeLallo capellini
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- SHRIMP: Heat a swish of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- GARLIC BUTTER POMODORO SAUCE: In the same pan, heat just a tiny bit more oil over medium-low heat and toss the garlic in. Saute for a minute or two until it smells amazing. Add the tomatoes and broth and simmer for 10-ish minutes. The tomatoes will start to become saucy, and gradually that sauce will start to thicken. This is good.
- CAPELLINI: Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- ALL TOGETHER NOW: Add the butter and basil to the thickened sauce and stir to combine. If it needs thickening, let it hang out on low heat for just a little while longer. Season to taste. When the sauce is ready, add the shrimp back in. Serve the sauce over top of the pasta with a little Parm, salt, and pepper.
Pro Shrimp Tip: sometimes I borrow a clove of minced garlic from the sauce ingredients and toss it in the pan with the shrimp for next-level garlic-flavoured shrimp.
For serving, you can mix everything together but I found that it just looked prettier with the sauce on top.
% Daily Value
This recipe is on-site called pinchofyum.com go to the link here